Tuesday, May 8, 2012

With Great Speed

Traversing this land of greatness
I drink in the green forest
Exotic birds of many colors
A shaded floor in which to rest


Lush green grass and flowers
Bushes with delicious berries
And fruit grows in abundance
Hanging from the trees


As I venture farther in
The canopy grows taller
The height of trees increasing
The tops of trees appear smaller


A canopy thousands of feet high
Tree trunks two hundred feet wide
Huge antelope-like creatures
Gallop by my side


One gives an inviting look
I leap fifteen feet high
To mount the giant antelope
Then I see them draw nigh


Other saints mounted on antelopes
Such a beautiful cavalry
Arrayed in such vibrant colors
Traveling lightly and swiftly


Then we ride towards a clearing
Where all we can see is sky
The ground then ends abruptly
We leap off the ledge and fly


Down, faster, down the cliff
The largest cliff I've ever seen
I can see the ground miles below
A vast sea of blue and green


The wind blowing furiously
As we travel at such great speed
Waterfalls to my left and right
Fish swim up and down as they need


After a long, long descent
We finally reach the ground
The difference is striking
And I hear a beautiful sound


The birds sing such sweet melodies
Flying so fast in great flocks
The trees short with many branches
I see a great beast like an ox


The ground covered in tall daisies
With many rivers flowing
Little animals scurry about
In this land with joy abounding


5-8-12



No comments:

Post a Comment