Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Life Well Lived

I'm floating away on an island.
Floating away, losing attachments 
     to this reality.
Through a mist of unknown mysteries
     I travel
Through cloud and storm and wind
Then suddenly, like a curtain being
     pulled from before my eyes, 
     I enter.

Floating like a cloud,
I am taken back by the scene 
     before me.
A lush rain forest beneath my feet
A massive waterfall in the distance,
     towering into the most beautiful
     clear blue lake before me
A rainbow, mist, and brilliant sunshine
A chill of awe and inspiration runs
     up my spine
I can feel the joy in my bones.
I am revitalized.

9-2-13


This poem is a metaphor for personal growth.  I describe the struggle and price to pay for learning.  I then describe the place I find myself when I'm benefiting from that growth.  I titled it 'a life well lived' because I believe this place of discovery and glory is where we are meant to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment