Saturday, November 19, 2016

A Pause in Time

Time slows down as thoughts drift away
The stillness of the day brings a peace like the breeze
I fall into a place where I am held in Your arms
The birds chirp, the wind blows,
As I walk deeper into Your Presence
All of my stress melts like ice on a warm spring morning
Changed to pure water, I drink from the overflow
The sun gazes down and warms my face
I feel my body lift into a peaceful serenity
In this place of zen I meet You,
       face to face

Sitting on this patch of grass,
I meditate in the garden
With a sword I take my thoughts captive
My fears and worries are drowned in love
Your goodness overwhelms me
What can I say?
Your Presence is like a river, 
Slowly washing over me
Pain and sorrow are forgotten until there is only peace
The emptying of one's mind,
And the filling with the Holy Spirit
Here I dwell in silence
Here I am crafted
Here I am molded
Here I fall in love

11-17-16

No comments:

Post a Comment