Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Glory of the Sun

Leaves blow softly
Of clouds, of blue skies, of sunshine
The river never stops flowing
Green grass grows
Thoughts are halted
I fly along the gentle breeze
Exist within nature
I am here but also there
Full but empty
How can one stop what has no beginning?
Thoughts of heaven and angels
Of light, of fire and waterfalls
That sweet, serene clarity that both anchors me 
      to this world and takes me into the Spirit
Where lights and orange sunrises paint joy into 
      eyes of daisies
The touch of green grass on the fingers
Exist within not one thing but all
Yet still I am here
The trees tell their stories
Of seasons gone by
And I bask in their wisdom
Taken up into the clouds,
I remain
The hills speak to me
And the mountains sing their songs
Of victories, of defeats, of politics and
      philosophy
But all is nothing
The glory of the sun counsels me
Fame and riches mean nothing
But like a perfect rose blossoming,
Is love, connection, and peace

1-18-17
 

No comments:

Post a Comment