Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Such a Large New Jerusalem

Such a marvelous bird
Wings of firey orange with eyes
      of crystal blue
A body and head like white diamonds


It emits a heavenly cry
Then bows its head to offer me 
      a ride
Graciously I accept and mount this
      magnificent bird


Straight up we soar
Into the cloudless heavens
We stop at a height thousands of feet
      above the surface


Gazing down, my breath is 
      taken away
Such amazing structures in 
      New Jerusalem


From towering spires to mansions
      of gold
One can hardly take in the endless
      sea of mansions, streets of gold, 
      and rivers of crystal
Off in the distance the Fire burns
      bright from God's dwelling place


I hold tight on the bird's wings as we
      speed up and go out of the main
      part of the city
Rolling hills surround the golden
      metropolis
Out in the country there are many farms
      with all delicious and wonderful
      fruits and vegetables
I can see the orchards and fields with
      passionate saints tending them


Angels fly passed me and give a friendly
      wave
A group of people below are playing
      music and dancing
Though God's Throne is back in the city,
      His Presence is so thick in this place
No matter where I go, I feel His firey 
      love igniting my heart and 
      encouraging me to explore.


Anywhere and any time, 
I can speak to God and hear His audible
      Voice
Such a wonderful Father He is
He loves it when I explore and discover
      hidden treasures in this New 
      Jerusalem
The endless mysteries of God will fill
      my heart for eternity.


7-11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment