Monday, February 3, 2014

A Touch from His Presence

Wandering through the oceans past
I stumble upon a treasure
What is this here?
What have I found?
Worth simply beyond measure

I have stumbled upon a stone
Deep within the warm sea
Diamond in darkness
Fire within ice
Truth of Ancient discovery

At the bottom of this ocean
Sweetness, such simple sweetness
Currents of hope
Waves of peace
Stumbling in this liquid bliss

I press on, going deeper
I walk through a shining city
Dancing and laughing
A covenant people
These people are so hopeful and free

I walk down a beautiful street
One little house catches my eye
Inscribed on the door
My name in gold
I hold back the urge to cry

I open the door to gaze inside
Golden pools with waterfalls
Hundreds of shelves
Filled with books
Beautiful paintings on the walls

Amelia is holding the paint brush
Looks up from her masterpiece
Our eyes meet
With joyful smiles
We know this grace will never cease.

1-22-14

No comments:

Post a Comment