Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Discovery without Time

A never ending expanse
A gloriously deep romance
Trumpets of angels sound
Light and majesty abound
Never closing pearl gates
An army of angels awaits
The river of life flowing
Shining waters slowing
Draining into the lake
What only God could make
Beautiful fish and coral reef
Tropical colors beyond belief
Light from above and from below
Colors surpassing earth's rainbow
Gliding across the lake I inhale
Leaving a rippling, warm trail
Surfing barefoot and boardless
Traveling into openness
Rapid acceleration
Timeless joy and elation
Liquid light and holiness
An ocean of happiness
Magnificent fish appear
Into the waters I peer
The sea as clear as the sky
It seems I'm miles high
Above the visible ocean floor
Endless creation to explore
God's Presence so thick in this place
I can feel His warm embrace
A school of heavenly creatures 
With odd, beautiful features
Swim rapidly to the surface
Beauty leaving me speechless
A tornado of colors
Breaks the surface waters
And fly like birds through the air
Twisting column of fire and flare
Plunges back into the sea
Temporary canopy
They rush back into the depths
Twirling down like winding steps
Enticed, I follow them down
Impossible to drown
I breathe in the liquid light
As I continue in flight
Like a torpedo I shoot
To discover the oceans' root
What awaits I can barely explain
Cities across a vast plain
Farms, gardens, and vineyards
Civilization beyond words
Saints dancing in large circles
Like moving white hot coals
They smile and invite me
Undersea community
So I dance underwater
Passionate steps without falter
I decide to remain here
For well beyond a year
I long to know all their stories
To hear of all their glories
To know this heavenly culture
With rich past, present, and future

4-1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment